How to Host an Ice Cream Party
Are you wondering how to host an ice cream party? Well, you came to the right place! In this post, I will give you my tips and ideas for hosting an awesome ice cream party.
The first thing you want to do is think this through. You’ll need to know how many people are going to be invited, what decor you’re going to use, (Pinterest is your go-to for this!) and what kind of ice cream you’ll serve. The best step to take here is to write down on a piece of paper on the following list:
- How many people will be there?
- Where am I going to host the party?
- Do I have a special theme?
- How many kinds of ice cream will I be serving?
- How many toppings will I need?
- If I have a theme, what are my decorations going to be?
Once you’ve done this you can answer the questions and write down a shopping list. This will keep you from wandering aimlessly from a store aisle to store aisle. Believe me, that is a waste of time, and on the bright side, you might save yourself a bit of money.
When questioned with the list above, don’t forget to think practical. What I’m trying to say is, don’t forget the simple things you’ll need. For example, in the rush to buy ice cream, don’t forget an ice cream scoop will be necessary. And be sure to have plenty of napkins handy, things will probably get sticky. Below is a list of some of the practical things you mustn’t forget:
- Bowls for the ice cream
- Spoons (Very important!)
- A tablecloth or placemat to keep things a bit cleaner
- An ice cream scoop if you’re serving straight form the bucket
- Enough paper plates or utensils for everyone
- A rag for when things get sticky (Believe me, they do!)
- Enough ice cream and toppings to fill everyone’s belly (Don’t leave the cherries out!)
It can get very chaotic if your guests are arriving and you don’t have everything ready yet. So, to prevent that do as much work as you can before the actual party. For example, buy all your supplies a day or two before the party. Decorate your party place the night before the party. If you’re giving away party favors, have them ready the day before. The key to a smooth party is to have as little work as possible on the actual party day so you can spend more time with your guests and everything runs as smooth as whipped cream.
If you follow these tips, hosting an ice cream party, or any party should be a piece of cake! Hope y’all enjoyed!